With environmental and global positioning data, video and scientific models - I have built software.
[2017/04 .. ]Flare Timing
For scoring hang gliding and paragliding competitions;
- develop a reference implementation of the GAP scoring rules
- convert and mirror the rules document as a set of plain-text LaTeX files
- question, discuss and raise issues about the interpretation of the rules
- develop a web frontend with rich visualization of the results with tables, maps and plots
- rescore past competitions and publish these as static web sites at *.flaretiming.com
- with the aid of the visualization tooling, compare results across scoring implementations, find, raise and fix bugs in the official implementation of the rules
[2014/02 .. 2017/04]Aqualinc Research
For monitoring breaches of regulated levels of water take and pollutant discharge;
- design a relational database schema
- unmunge munged data
- develop system services to pull and cache metadata from Hilltop web services
- expose web services over the top of the relational and time series data
- develop separate web frontends for administrators and farmers
- generate annual reports; pull data from web services and typeset with LaTeX
[2012/08 .. 2013/02]Cactus Outdoor
Scope and prototype upgrades to a production planning system for factory operations.
[2012/07 .. 2012/12]Tagly
Develop server and browser components of a live feed.
[2012/06 .. 2015/11]Apress
Technical review of Expert F#, editions 3 and 4.
[2011/08 .. 2015/10]Travieo
Develop a travel booking website.
[2008/01 .. 2011/08]CropLogic
For more potato yield with less water and fertilizer input and less pollutant runoff;
- port, tune and test a discrete event simulation crop model with scientists
- pull in field data and external weather data from numerous and disparate sources
- develop a website for growers to setup their crops, to enter their irrigation and fertilizer applications and to view the model recommended future inputs and expected yields
[2007/12 .. 2011/04]Waimakariri District Council
Develop a website for logging public submissions and scheduling hearing time slots.
[2003/07 .. 2008/05]NutriCentre
Develop an online store.
[2003/06 .. 2007/07]NIWA
Develop tools and the EDENZ website for publishing environmental time series data.
[2001/08 .. 2002/09]Aspelle
Develop authentication and authorization parts of a security product.
[1999/10 .. 2001/03]Obvious Technology
Develop a product for searching video, hitting on annotated key frames.
[1999/07 .. 1999/09]Software Migrations
Develop a frontend for tools translating mainframe assembly code modules to C.
[1995/02 .. 1999/01]Trimble
Maintain the inhouse computer graphics library, improving clipping and multithreading.
Computer Graphics 1996, Mathematical Modeling BSc Hons 1993/5, Medicine 1982/5